Just a quickie to point you towards an ace set of slides by Chris Atherton (twitter: @finiteattention) available on SlideShare.net, detailing a presentation at the Cambridge Usability group meeting. Some really excellent points and examples in there.
- Commercial fMRI neurobollocks – no, you cannot record your dreams (yet).
- The power of a well-chosen image; EEG measures of brain activity and exercise
- Transcranial direct-current stimulation – don’t try it at home
- Become a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist for £39? Pfffftttt….
- You keep using this word ‘neuroplasticity’. I do not think it means what you think it means.
- RT @Keith_Laws: No 'psychotherapy' that is capable of positive change is ever incapable of negative change @asehelene @moftasa @neurobolloc… 25 minutes ago
- RT @Keith_Laws: If you can't access paper - can mindfulness induce psychosis? (by one of authors) edoshonin.com/2013/12/26/can… @moftasa @neurobol… 25 minutes ago
- RT @Keith_Laws: @moftasa @neurobollocks @asehelene some evidence shows psychosis induced by mindfulness m.anp.sagepub.com/content/48/2/1… 26 minutes ago
- @asehelene Oh yeah, probably no harm, but where's the evidence? School time is precious - shouldn't be wasted on woo. 2 hours ago
- Oh dear. RT “@asehelene: My 11 yr old will have mindfulness training on school. Hmmm” 2 hours ago