Just a quickie to point you towards an ace set of slides by Chris Atherton (twitter: @finiteattention) available on SlideShare.net, detailing a presentation at the Cambridge Usability group meeting. Some really excellent points and examples in there.
- Commercial fMRI neurobollocks – no, you cannot record your dreams (yet).
- The power of a well-chosen image; EEG measures of brain activity and exercise
- Transcranial direct-current stimulation – don’t try it at home
- Become a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist for £39? Pfffftttt….
- You keep using this word ‘neuroplasticity’. I do not think it means what you think it means.
- .@n_j_davis Thanks for the clarification Nick - thought you might have something to say on this one! 1 hour ago
- RT @n_j_davis: @neurobollocks ...(disclosure: I was a reviewer on this one). 1 hour ago
- RT @n_j_davis: @neurobollocks ...And doesn't say anything about BEHAVIOURAL effects, only brain stuff... 1 hour ago
- RT @n_j_davis: @neurobollocks ...studiies included. Very hard to demonstrate a negative this way.... 1 hour ago
- RT @n_j_davis: @neurobollocks No it doesn't! It says that the evidence for the phyiological mechanisms is weak. BUT there are very few comp… 1 hour ago