Just a quickie to point you towards an ace set of slides by Chris Atherton (twitter: @finiteattention) available on SlideShare.net, detailing a presentation at the Cambridge Usability group meeting. Some really excellent points and examples in there.
- Commercial fMRI neurobollocks – no, you cannot record your dreams (yet).
- The power of a well-chosen image; EEG measures of brain activity and exercise
- Transcranial direct-current stimulation – don’t try it at home
- Become a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist for £39? Pfffftttt….
- You keep using this word ‘neuroplasticity’. I do not think it means what you think it means.
- @purposelessness From a new paper that re-analyses old data in a new way. Don't really understand it, but no reason to suspect it's bogus. M 10 hours ago
- @ManYanaEd @nick_chater Not bad advice as such, but the whole 'brain-based' twist is eyewash and flim-flam. 10 hours ago
- RT @ManYanaEd: MT @nick_chater: Brain-Based Learning Techniques to Try in Your Classroom ift.tt/1tm1HWJ @neurobollocks Comments? 10 hours ago
- If they got any usable brain data from this publicity stunt I'll eat my cerebellum: bit.ly/1tgP2WA (via @mocost) 1 day ago
- RT @eegrapher: @ATTENTABILITY @KMiddletonCSP @FastCompany @thecsp mt"@neurobollocks: this pic tells us nil! neurobollocks.wordpress.com/2014/06/21/the… http://t… 2 days ago